Vacancy: Marketing Manager
November 15, 2018
Are you Talented, Creative & Ambitious…? We might just have the job for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Manager to develop and deliver the integrated strategy and vision of our charities – DFN Charitable Foundation and DFN Project SEARCH.
The role will encompass all duties relating to marketing, branding, communications and events for this ambitious charity.
This is a newly created role for the organisation which would be suited to an unflappable, creative, analytical individual who is focused on results and demonstrates attention to detail.
Further information can be found on our websites here:
||Chief Executive Officer
||65 Kingsway, Holborn, London, WC2B 6TD
|Hours of Work
Full Time; 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
(some evening and weekend working will be required)
||£35,000 per annum
||Five weeks holiday (plus Bank Holidays), company mobile phone and laptop.
The DFN Charitable Foundation was established in 2014 by David Forbes-Nixon who funded the building of a state-of-the-art special needs school – Undershaw in Surrey. There are three objectives of the DFN Charitable Foundation;
- To help fund research to find a cure for Myeloma
- To support the habitat for British butterflies
- Leading the nation to eliminate the gap between employment rates for those with a learning disability and those without.
To aid the last objective, the DFN Charitable Foundation has taken on the master license in the UK and Iberia for leading the supported internship program, Project SEARCH.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will be accountable for delivering value and building the DFN Charitable Foundation and DFN Project SEARCH brand recognition amongst target audiences and driving value creation for the charities.
You will be directly helping to create the legacy of the two charities, driving programmes and initiatives to build the brand image and positioning within the UK and beyond.
You will support the CEO in all matters related to brand positioning, devising the communications strategy and overseeing tactical implementation;
- Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix of the two charities.
- To work with the CEO to devise, implement and develop an effective strategy for the marketing and communications functions, in line with the charities vision and values and ensure regular reviews are maintained.
- Act as a point of contact and provide advice and guidance to relevant stakeholders on all marketing policies and procedures and participate in any formal processes as appropriate.
- Provide, on a monthly basis, accurate marketing statistics including reports on each element of the marketing mix including website, referrals, social media & advertising etc.
- Monitor expenditure and activity and provide monthly updates on how this has impacted upon brand awareness and sales of services & products.
- Completing all necessary administration relating to all aspects of marketing and brand awareness.
- Ensure the company adheres to all current legislation and work in accordance with internal procedures (to be updated where appropriate).
- Have an in depth understanding of and comply with all mandatory marketing standards set by funders and solutions for business.
- Action marketing requests from management taking briefs provided and ensuring standard branded material fit for the target audience within required timescales is released.
- Ensure all processes are carried out in accordance with the company’s quality procedures and update these procedures to reflect actual practice where required.
- Understand marketing tactics employed by other organisations that could be used to enhance marketing and communications for the two charities.
- Pro-actively review and update all marketing materials including website, literature and signage obtaining support on content from the project teams.
- Assist in the organisation and delivery of events.
- Build and maintain relationships with all marketing suppliers to ensure best value for money.
- To ensure that communications opportunities are prioritised and maximised, and to ensure the charity brand is synonymous with high quality projects and has a reputation for excellence and impact.
- To maintain and build the profile of DFN Charitable Foundation and DFN Project SEARCH, including brand development and reputation management.
- Undertake project development as directed by the CEO.
This role is varied and while based in the London office, will require travel within the UK and interaction with the project teams, agencies and other key stakeholders.
Measures of Success
- Drive improved brand health and social media currency for the DFN Charitable Foundation and DFN Project SEARCH (e.g. brand awareness and engagement).
- Manage brand and communication assets to achieve professional standards aligned with the charity’s objectives.
- Achievement of company growth targets.
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Able to visit project sites
- Use of own vehicle (expenses paid) where required
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing brands, digital marketing tools, e.g. social media channels, email marketing and websites.
- Excellent writing skills with a journalistic flair
- Eye for news stories
- Promotion of products and services
- Practical and strategic marketing experience
- Event co-ordination
- Experience of writing press releases and case studies
- Experience of working with both the public and private sector
- Qualified CIM experience of marketing in different environments
|Knowledge and Skills
- Negotiating skills
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Be able to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Ability to use Wordpress, mailchimp and relevant social media tools.
- Working knowledge of Acrobat
- Understanding of budget controls
- The ability to communicate effectively and maintain professionalism with colleagues and stakeholders using the appropriate mediums
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals and establish a working relationship whilst maintaining a professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong ability to persevere when the role requires
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads
How to Apply
All applications should send a covering letter and CV to Sue, Business Manager at email@example.com by 5.00pm, GMT on Thursday 29th November.
We anticipate working toward the following interview schedule to be held at our London office:
First Stage Interview: Thursday 6th December
Final Stage Interview: Wednesday 12th December